Due to the recent lock downs in Ontario, Apple Hill Scout Reserve will remain closed for the foreseeable future. We look forward to opening once the authorities and Scouts Canada deem it safe to reopen. Stay safe.
With the recent Ontario Government decision, Apple Hill is closing on 26 December and (hopefully) reopening on 25 January. If you have a reservation, it will be cancelled, rangers will contact you. No new reservations will be accepted during this time.
Apple Hill Scout Reserve is now open with stage 3 conditions. This means:
- Groups can now be 50 people (outside)
- Patrols can now ’share’ equipment
Unfortunately, the following are still NOT allowed
- Indoor meetings
- Overnight camping
Starting 31 October 2020, Apple Hill will be open for day use. Some restrictions apply:
- No use of buildings or equipment
- Final booking must be made through DoubleKnot
- All COVID-19 guidelines from Scouts Canada National office must be followed
- Please send the Apple Hill Rangers a copy of your Modified Adventure Application Form and bring the parent submitted COVID 19 screening checklists with you
- Arrivals and departures MUST be at the agreed upon time
- Use only the kybos in your booked field
As always, any booking related questions/inquiries can be directed to AHSRBookings@gmail.com.
Due to Covid-19, Scouts Canada has made the decision to temporarily close all camps, until at least May 4th. Given the severity of the situation with Covid-19, it certainly is the right decision.
Stay tuned…..once the camp is open once again, we will let you know where and on our Facebook page.
April 27, 2019
Spring Work Weekend!
Free camping to the workers and we’ll feed you Saturday lunch too.
We’ve got a long Project List and looking forward to having many hands help out with checking off a bunch of items.
Here is a list of some of the major items for our Work Day. This list may change as items are added before April 28th.
Wade Lodge, cleanup, maintenance
Trails – clearing
Generators – servicing
Pole Barn – cleanup
Hyde Away Cabin – heater installation
Kybos (14) – check supplies and sweep out
Adirondacks (2) – inspect
Fire Pits (3) – perimeter, tools, cleanout
Roads – Holes and filling
Wells (2) – Proper signage in place and replace if required
Equipment storage shed – check and inspect and account for all equipment
Play Structure & Bouldering Wall – inspection and weed removal